1. IMMERSPHERE – Brasilia International Fulldome Festival – will be held in Brasília from December 9th to 12th 2021 and is organized by LATE! – Laboratory of Art & Technology – with the support of public and private institutions.
2. All activities such as screening, presentations and workshops will occur at the Planetarium of Brasilia. Submitted fulldome movies will be curated by a jury that will select the movies that will be exhibited during the festival. These movies could be selected to compose a competitive movie exhibition. Other parallel exhibitions might occur depending on the number of received submissions.
1. Works will be selected only in fulldome format, to be displayed inside the dome (half sphere inside the planetarium). There will be a 2-stage submission process for fulldome movies. The first stage will be the process of submission for online appreciation by our curators, that will define the selected movies for screening. At the second stage, selected movies need to provide full resolution media (download or hard drive, depending on total file size).
2. During this first stage you will mainly need to provide a valid URL that allow our curators to appreciate your movie. Make sure anyone with the link can watch your video and if it is password protected don’t forget to send us the password as well. If your movie is selected, you will need to proceed to the second stage of submission. If necessary we will demand a download link to the preview video to a screen test at the dome.
3. Once our curators have finished reviewing all submissions the selected fulldome movies will be notified. After the acceptance communication, the author must provide the final full resolution version of the video. Depending on the video length, we will opt for downloading or to receive the material on a hard drive. It is important to remind that if the video has dialogues, it is necessary to provide an English or Portuguese subtitle. It is highly recommended that all movies provide also closed caption for those with hearing impairment.
4. The selected works should provide the full resolution media that comply with one of the technical specification below:
a) Ideal Specification (frame by frame with separate audio tracks):
Format: DomeMaster format, 2K (2048×2048) or 4K (4096×4096), square pixels, 24bit RGB, PNG still image sequence;
Frame rate: 30 FPS;
Audio Format: 5.1 Surround separated tracks (Left, Centre, Right, Right Surround, Left Surround, Low);
Audio Resolution: 24bit, 48KHz, WAV uncompressed;
File Names: file name conventions will be sent after acceptance notification.
b) Alternative Specification (rendered video):
Video Resolution: 2K (2048×2048) or 4K (4096×4096), square pixels;
Frame rate: 30 FPS;
Video Format: MOV, AVI, M4V, MPEG;
Video Codecs: DV-AVI, Microsoft AVI Type 1 and Type 2, H.264, MPEG-4, QuickTime;
Audio Codecs: AC3 (5.1);
5. Subtitles: If the video has dialogues, it should provide an English or Portuguese SRT subtitle file;
6. Closed Caption: It is highly recommended that authors provide closed caption for those with hearing impairment.
7. Selected works that don’t manage to send the final material until the deadline will be automatically disqualified.
8. You must own the rights for the distribution and use of the work (visuals and audio) and ensure that no copyrights or third-party rights are infringed. If you are not the copyright holder, you must be authorized to approve exhibition of the work on behalf of the copyright owner. The participating content provider indemnifies IMMERSPHERE
against action by law in regard to the breach of any national or international copyright law(s) as the result of the exhibition of the work(s) through IMMERSPHERE.
9. You are welcome to submit more than one film for consideration. Please complete a separate Entry Form for each work submitted.
10. If your film is selected to be exhibited, we would also request permission to show your film between 1st and 31st November at the Planetarium of Brasília. After the main part of the festival is over (1st to 5th November), screening sessions will continue to happen, offering the public the chance to watch our sessions.
11. We will never pass on your work to any third-party, or allow it to be viewed outside of these IMMESPHERE sessions.
12. The cost for sending copies is on account of the submitter. Our team will be responsible for the cost of returning the copy, which will happen soon after the Festival, with a deadline of one week after the end of the Festival.
1. The competitive exhibition for fulldome film will feature a list of movies selected by our curators.
2. From this list, a single “best movie” will be chosen by our curators, which will win a cash prize.
1. The main award of “best movie” will be chosen by our curators, and will receive a cash prize.
2. To the “best movie” award the prize will be R$5.000,00 (five thousand reais);
3. There will be also the following award categories, although there is no cash prize for these.
– Planetarium of Brasilia Award (selected by the planetarium director);
– Best Experimental (selected by our curators);
– Best Sonic Experience (selected by our curators);
4. Our curators’ decision upon the prizes, as well as public and planetarium director choices are not to be questioned.
5. The certificates are to be handed digitally and winners should be announced in 12th December 2021 at the planetarium of Brasilia.
6. The cash prize is to be paid after winner presents proper invoice and other documents that might be requested by IMMERSPHERE coordination office.
1. Artists and invitees will be responsible for the production of the content presented, exempting IMMERSPHERE from any responsibility for the content regarding copyright.
2. IMMERSPHERE will not cover transportation and lodging expenses of the artists/presenters.
3. IMMERSPHERE shall provide adequate space for the presentations as well as the technical requirements agreed between the coordination of the festival and the artist.
1. IMMERSPHERE may link in its advertising activities and in its own database, information about the film, without any limitation of time, territory, means of fixation and reproduction, and forms of dissemination, still images or moving images, combined or not with sounds of the events held and its participants, on websites, books and any other form of communication of the actions, existing or that may be created without any cost to the IMMERSPHERE.
2. IMMERSPHERE is not responsible for any late or missing materials pertaining to the festival.
3. The submitted works must meet the minimum technical specifications for data formats outlined above;
4. By submitting work(s) to IMMERSPHERE 2021 and signing the Entry Form, you agree to the above Terms and Conditions.
5. This will be a curated event and acceptance of your submission does not guarantee that your work will be shown at the festival.